The Tony Mazzocchi Center is pleased to announce the 2011 Summer Internship. Details below:
• Member from USW or CWA local union
• June 1, 2011 – August 31, 2011 (dates flexible)
• Pittsburgh, PA (travel required) Housing provided
Where to find:
• Advertised via TMC website and via TMC trainer email, TMC twitter account
• To develop health & safety activists and fulfill the TMC needs outlined below.
• Utilize workplace health & safety program effectiveness survey
o cross-section of USW and CWA represented workplaces
o send and receive surveys
o analyze results
o write analysis (consider presentation at 2012 APHA conference)
• Social media responsibilities
o Expand TMC email listserve
o write blogs at least one weekly
• Perform at least 2 plant visits and perhaps one or more ERT responses (with an HSE staff member) Work on fatality review with Anna Fendley Geo-code the TMC trainer database other as assigned (5%)
• Five days a week ($280/day – $46 per Diem)
• Travel provided initial to and final from Pittsburgh
• Travel provided to home and back to Pittsburgh for July 4th weekend
• Office and equipment provided
• Established history of union activism
• Support from Local and District
• Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, emailing, website
navigation. Preferred experience with social media.
• Experience with the USW Health, Safety and Environment Department
and Tony Mazzocchi Center programs.
Apply by email to Mike Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 13, 2011. Please provide a brief bio reflecting your work within the Union and your community as well as the requirements listed.
Submitted by Patrick McQueen